The pages of this personal website include short-form and longer-form writing for insight to my breadth and depth. To read more in an earlier blog incarnation, see icandybywangc.blogspot.com.
Why This and Why Now
• A look back at the timing • [1½ MIN READ] Imposter Syndrome At various…Keep reading
New Writing and a New Website
• A look back at the construction process • [1 MIN READ] iCandybyWangC.com began as…Keep reading
- “A choice combination of conceptual ingredients and cogitation that results in something worth sharing with someone else” (Wang)
- Social redemption of the disparaging homophone “eye candy” (Eye Candy)
- A casual acknowledgement of the devices Steve Jobs popularized (Bryner)
Calvin H. Wang (Wäng)
From 2005-2022, I was an assistant professor and librarian to the sciences of a small liberal arts university in suburban Philadelphia where I also provided copyright consulting services. “WangC” was my username there.
Bryner, Michelle. “What Does the ‘i’ in iPod, iPhone and iPad Stand For?” Live Science, 18 June 2010, https://www.livescience.com/32657-what-does-the-i-in-ipod-iphone-and-ipad-stand-for.html. Accessed 2 Aug. 2022.
“Eye Candy.” Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eye%20candy. Accessed 2 Aug. 2022.
Wang, Calvin H. “What Is I-Candy?” icandybywangc.blogspot.com, 15 Apr. 2009, http://icandybywangc.blogspot.com/2009/04/what-is-i-candy.html. Accessed 2 Aug. 2022.
Updated: 2023’03’09’R (“‘WangC’ was my username there.”)
Updated: 2023’02’10’F (Link to More About)